Signs from a Metal Building Contractor in Marion, IA That You Need a Replacement–The timely replacement of your roof can prevent the expensive repairs associated with roof failure. Regardless of the type of roof on your building, you don’t want to waste money by replacing it too soon or waiting too long. However, if you have a metal roof, the signs of deterioration that signal the need for replacement differ from the signs that signal the need for asphalt shingle roof replacement.
A professional metal building contractor in Marion, IA can more comprehensively assess your roof’s condition in person, but we suggest you keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Age: Most metal roofs can last for at least 30 years if quality materials are used, and the owner keeps up with maintenance and repairs. Many metal roofs can last 40, 50, or even 60 years in the right conditions. However, once your metal roof reaches 25 years since being installed, make sure you keep up with regular inspections. We suggest annual or bi-annual inspections by the best roofing company in Marion.
- Corrosion: Once your metal roof begins to rust, it needs to be repainted or replaced quickly. Replacement is the best long-term solution. The most durable coatings for steel roofs are factory applied.
- Leaks: Unless your roof has been damaged, leaks usually are a sign of worn-out roof panels that have worked their way loose from the original fasteners. These types of leaks can be repaired and resealed by installing additional fasteners and a sealer, but consider the overall condition of your roof. Repairs will most likely only add a little life to the roof and won’t be a long-term solution. If you choose to repair instead of replace, hire a professional metal building contractor in Marion, IA.
- Loose Fasteners or Panels: Fasteners and metal roof panels generally don’t work their way loose on their own. Age, installation technique, damage, and the quality of the materials all contribute to your roof’s durability. If something is loose, find out why it came loose.
- Storm Damage: Tornadoes, snowstorms, and hurricanes can damage a roof that was previously in good condition. However, if a simple thunderstorm has damaged your roof, this may signify a pre-existing problem.
If your metal roof has any of the problems listed above, find the best roofer in Marion to inspect it for you. A professional roofing contractor should be able to offer a comprehensive analysis of your roof’s condition. If you do need a new roof, hire the best residential roofing company in Marion IA.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Metal Roof
If you’re wondering whether it’s worth it to replace your metal roof, consider this: a new roof can do more than just protect your home from the elements. It can also improve your home’s energy efficiency, reduce your energy bills by up to 15%, and increase your home’s resale value.
In fact, a recent study found that homeowners who replaced their roof recouped an average of 63% of the cost in increased home value. Plus, a new roof can give your home a fresh, updated look.
Why Hire a Professional Metal Building Contractor in Marion, IA
While it may be tempting to DIY your metal roof replacement project, it’s always better to hire a professional. A professional metal building contractor in Marion, IA will have years of experience working with metal roofs and have the necessary tools and equipment to do the job safely and efficiently. Plus, a professional metal building contractor in Marion, IA will ensure that your new roof is installed correctly and according to local building codes.
Choosing the Right Metal Roofing Materials
When it comes to choosing the right metal roofing materials for your home, there are several factors to consider, including color, finish, durability, and energy efficiency. At the best roofing company in Marion, we can help you choose the right materials and give you advice on which options will work best for your home and your budget. With the right materials and proper installation, you’ll have a new metal roof that will last for decades to come.
Contact Robison, the best residential roofing company in Marion, IA, for your roofing needs. We are a fully licensed and insured roofing and building contractor that proudly serves the great state of Iowa. Contact us for a free roof inspection and quote.
The best roofing company in Marion will repair or replace your roof fast and better than ever. If a storm damages your roof, we can work directly with your insurance company. Need emergency roof repair? Call us anytime, day or night!
At Robison Roofing, a building contractor in Marion, IA we can help you choose the right metal roofing materials for your home and your budget. Plus, our expert team will install your new roof quickly and efficiently, minimizing disruption to your daily routine. So why wait? If you suspect your metal roof may need to be replaced, contact us today to schedule your free inspection and estimate.
We Stand Behind Our Word and Our Work!
At Robison, we are your trusted source for commercial roof repair in Marion. We provide fast and professional service for every kind of roof. Our team of professionals is here to service your roof from start to finish, we even provide residential roof repair in Marion. Not to mention, we are also a metal building contractor in Marion.
Robison is committed to providing you with the best options for your roof system and design. We approach every roofing project with a focus on functionality, cost, aesthetics. Each project is handled with unique perspective and integrity. Ingenuity and an eye for solutions make Robison the obvious choice for residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial roofing systems.
Give us a call today! Let our friendly staff at Robison assist with all your roof repair and installation needs!